Cassia Essential Oil – Cinnamomum cassia
A close relative to Cinnamon, Cassia has a strong, spicy aroma that can be used in small quantities to transform any essential oil blend. Cassia has been used for thousands of years to maintain physical health and promote emotional well-being. It’s one of the few essential oils mentioned in the Old Testament, noted for its unmistakable fragrance and calming properties. Cassia is a “warming” oil that helps promote circulation while maintaining healthy immune function. It can also aid in digestion, lessen nausea, and is a great oil to diffuse during cold months
due to its warming properties and spicy scent. Due to its caustic nature, Cassia should be diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin and can be very strong when inhaled directly. When diluted, Cassia can help soothe sore, achy joints. Cassia can be used in cooking either as a replacement for Cinnamon in pies and breads or by itself in a myriad of entrees and desserts.
• Promotes healthy digestion
• Supports healthy immune function
• Warming, uplifting aroma
• Add one drop to citrus blends or diffuse with Clove and Ginger during Fall and Winter.
• Take one to two drops in veggie capsules for added immune support when seasonal threats are high.
• Combine one drop with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to sore, achy joints.
• Combine one to two drops along with Lemon in a glass of water to aid digestion or ward off hunger cravings.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If youare pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult
your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.