Cardamom Essential Oil – Elettaria cardamomum
A close relative to Ginger, Cardamom is known as being the most expensive cooking spice and for being beneficial to the digestive system in a variety of ways. Cardamom is commonly used to help reduce indigestion and occasional nausea, and to soothe stomach discomfort and promote digestion. Its distinct scent can lessen motion sickness while promoting a positive mood. Cardamom has profound effects on the respiratory system due to its high 1,8-cineole content, which promotes clear breathing and respiratory health. Native to Southeast Asia, Cardamom is added to traditional Indian sweets and teas for its cool, yet minty aroma and flavor. dōTERRA Cardamom essential oil is extracted from Cardamom seeds grown in Guatemala, using strict CPTG® testing standards. Through a collaborative and responsible sourcing arrangement, we are able to have a significant impact on the lives of local partners, ensuring that these farming communities enjoy improved livelihoods.
• Eases indigestion and maintains an optimal gastrointestinal balance
• Promotes clear breathing and respiratory health
• Calms stomach upset and uplifts mood
• Flavorful spice for cooking and baking
• Use internally as part of a daily health regimen to support healthy gastrointestinal function.
• Diffuse or apply topically to promote clear breathing.
• Add to bread, smoothies, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
• Diffuse or inhale to alleviate feelings of nausea or motion sickness.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult
your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.